Sunday Stash Challenge #2 - Josh-In living color

Hello! Welcome to week 2 of my Sunday Stash Challenge!
We're at the end of another weekend already, and boy, time sure flies doesn't it? Of course, I think that every week! I'm also reminded of it every time I look at my youngest son Josh. I swear, just last week he was grabbing on to my knees and today (at 16+) he's a full head taller than me. (sigh)
Well, for this week's challenge, I'm using Josh as our inspiration. He has a decided preference for brightly colored clothes, so I asked him to dress for the occasion, and pose for me. Yes, this was a bit staged, but you have to admit what he's wearing does grab your attention! I hope you have fun with this one! Remember- the photo is just for inspiration: Take whatever you want from it to make your card and try to use some of those goodies you have in your stampin' stash! Have fun!!!

How do I play along?: Just upload a project using this week's photo/color/element combo to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC02.
Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, March 22, so all entries need to be in before then.
Have fun playing along!
To get things started, here's my card:
The colors of Josh's two shirts was obviously where I started and then I really focused in on all the squares. The background design is a Sizzix Embossing Plate called Jumbo Squares. I ran a piece of Whisper White cs through using my Cuttlebug and then took both my Pacific Point and my Tempting Turquoise pads and rubbed them flat over the raised parts of the paper. Cool huh? Next I layered that piece on a piece of Tempting Turquoise. Here's where the "stash" part comes in. I've had these little square brads and metal bits and pieces for ages, and rarely use them. I think the square frame is from Making Memories but I have no clue where I got the little brads. Anyway, I picked a couple of larger squares on the background piece and pierce a row of 3 holes for the brads. Once the were inserted, I adhered the pieces to the card front. The rest is pretty simple. I used the crooked little squares from Fun with Shapes to stamp with Tempting Turquoise along the right edge and then filled each one in with a Pacific Point cupcake from Short and Sweet. The packages are from a Doodlebug Designs set called Doodlebug Birthday, and the "birthday wishes for you" is from Fundamental Phrases. The packages and little framed cupcake are colored with a blender pen and the Tempting Turquoise pad and I added a little glitter to the packages just to make them sparkle a bit. They're mounted up on dimensionals so they don't get completely lost in all those squares.
Stamps: Short & Sweet, Fun with Shapes, Fundamental Phrases, Doodlebug Designs-Doodlebug Birthday
Paper: Aqua CS (American Crafts), Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise
Access: Square brads, metal bits & pieces (Making Memories?), glitter, 2 way glue, Sizzix embossing plate

Labels: