March Card Class - Fuzzy Easter Chickie

Happy Monday and welcome back! Today I have the card that we're doing in my card class this week. Since Easter is next month, I designed a card for that. I've kind of been on a "use what you have" kick lately, so I pulled my ducky yellow flocking out of the drawer and went to work. When was the last time you used that stuff? Honestly? I think the last time I used mine was about 5 years ago. Anywhoo, I'm always looking for something a little fun and new to show my group of stampers and this seemed like a fairly simple idea.
The card is 4-3/4 inches square so I started with a 4-3/4 x 9-1/2 inch piece of Butter Yellow CS (American Crafts). On the front, I randomly stamped the flowers from A Good Egg with Summer Sun ink. Next, I layered a 4-3/4 x 1-3/4 inch piece of designer paper from the ProvoCraft Slab 6 series across the middle of the card. The next two layers are a 3-1/2 inch square of Lavendar (American Crafts) and a 2-1/2 inch square of Butter Yellow. I adhered the yellow square to the center of the lavendar square and then paper pierced around each of the 4 corners. The chick in the egg are stamped twice with Basic Gray. Once on a 2-1/4 inch square of Whisper White and again on a small piece of the designer paper. You can actually just stamp the egg shell portion of the image the second time because everything except the egg shell gets cut away. Once I had the designer egg shell all cut out, I glued it to the stamped image on the Whisper White square. Next, I stamped the greeting on a piece of Whisper White, punched it out with the small oval punch, and sponged the edges with Summer Sun. Now the fun part! I colored the chick with my YoYo Yellow marker first just in case the flocking didn't completely cover him. I colored his beak with Only Orange at the same time. Once that was done, I used a 2-way glue pen to fill in over the yellow parts and then added the flocking. Basically, all you do is apply the glue and then dump the flocking on top pressing it in place with your fingers. When you figure you have it pretty well covered, shake off the excess and put it back in the jar. I usually press the flocking into the glue a little more and then brush away any loose stuff. Ta Da! Fuzzy Chickie!

Stamps: A Good Egg

Paper: Whisper White, Butter Yellow (American Crafts), Lavendar (American Crafts), ProvoCraft Slab 6 Designer Paper

Ink: Basic Gray, Summer Sun

Accessories: YoYo Yellow Marker,Only Orange Marker, paper piercer, mat pack, 2 way glue, Fun Flock (Ducky Yellow), small oval punch

Labels: , , , ,