Feb Card Swap -It's a Guy Thing


Good morning! Today I have the card that I made for the Men's Birthday Swap I had posted here last month. I'll post the cards that the other participants did a little later.
I actually mailed this off to my oldest brother Steve earlier this week. His birthday, not so coincidentally, is today. Happy Birthday Steve!
Hope he likes it!
Here are the details: The card is 5-1/4 square cut from the American Crafts khaki textured (5-1/4 x 10-1/2) The first designer paper layer is 5 inches square and I zig-zag stitched it on my sewing machine first. The edges are sponged just a bit with Baja so they don't look quite so clean and then adhered to the face of the card. Over that I adhered a strip of Cinnamon Stick dp just above the middle of the card. The next layer is a 3 in. square of Cloud 9 Cinnamon Stick that I straight stitched around the edges of and adhered diagonally to the center of the card. Next comes the three smaller square layers each cut 1/4 inch smaller than the previous. The Chocolate Chip is 2-1/2, Baja Breeze is 2-1/4 and the Whisper White is 2 inches. The background on the small white square is from Looks like Spring stamped in Baja Breeze and the clock from Artifiacts is stamped with Chocolate Chip. The edges are sponged with Chocolate Chip and then all the squares are taped together and adhered to the center of the card. Now for the paper piercing! I pierced around the corners of the Cinnamon Stick square just up to the edges of the layered squares. The "Birthday Wishes" tag is stamped with Chocolate Chip and then layered on Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip then mounted on dimensionals to pop it up off the card just a little bit. The last bit of stamping is the star from Artifacts. It's stamped with Chocolate Chip, cut out by hand then distressed with Bayou Blue and just a bit of Chocolate Chip. At this point I thought a bit of hardware was in order so I added a jumbo eyelet in the center and then used a glue dot to adhere it to the clock square. I also added three small brads at the lower right edge of the card. The final touch is a bit of satin chocolate ribbon.
Stamps: Looks Like Spring, Artifacts, Birthday Messages (Stampendous)
Paper: Cloud 9 Design-Cinnamon Stick and Dog Stripe, Khaki textured (American Crafts), Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Boyou Blue
Accessories: Aged Copper brads and jumbo eyelet, dimensionals, Offray ribbon, paper piercer, mat pack, sewing machine, glue dots

Labels: , , , , , ,