Monday Medley #29 -Create A Cupcake

Happy Monday Everyone!

Today I have some super sweet cards to share with you using the Create A Cupcake set. Of course the cupcakes sort of take over on this one, but in my third sample, you'll see I was able to go in a slightly different direction for a "Heartfelt" love note. Valentine's Day is coming up so I'm starting to give more thought to the Valentines I want to create and give away.

My first card is NOT MY IDEA! Let me be perfectly clear about that. I saw this card on Pinterest and, OMG! Is it not the cutest darn thing??? If you're curious about the source of this one, click HERE to hop over to the blog of clever person who designed it. Wow, right? I did expand mine to a square so I have 4 cupcakes instead of 3, but other than that, I pretty much flat out copied it. You'll note there are punches galore and a multi-layered card front to create the look of a cupcake shoppe. The inside is perfectly bland by comparison! LOL!

My second sample is almost as sweet with a trio of colors that, I think, say SPRING! I made use of a couple of different embossing folders for texture and a couple of punches too.

Finally, for my third sample, I turned the cupcake cup into a little basket of love, filled it with stamped and punched hearts in three colors with a few spares to spill over. A couple circle/scallop circle punched pieces and a bit of enbossing and ribbon give this card a very sweet finish. Waddya think? Valentine or Anniversary? Could go either way I guess, right?

Thanks for popping by today. I hope you have a fabulous week. Make sure you swing by again next week for a little fun with a Taylored Expressions set called Hoot Hoot Hooray.


Supplies for this week's inspiration:
S: Create A Cupcake, Short & Sweet
P: Bazzill: Romance and Fountain, Rose Red, Regal rose, Certainly Celery, Pirouette Pink, Chocolate Chip, White, Ivory
I: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Memento: Angel Pink and Lilac Posies
A: Punches: Cupcake Builder, Medium Oval, Scallop Oval, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Scallop Edge, Word Window, Modern Label, Scallop Circle, 1-1/2 in. circle, Heart Trio, gems, ribbon, dimensionals, Darice Stripes and Pattern I embossing folders, Sizzix Dots embossing folder, Melon Mambo Marker, Certainly Celery Marker




Labels: , , , , , , ,