Monday Medley #23 - Ornamental Keepsakes

 Welcome back for Monday Medley #23! This week I am featuring Ornamental Keepsakes and I have four samples to share!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday full of good food, time with family and friends and enough leftovers to keep you out of the kitchen for a few days! LOL!

I admit, we still have a few leftovers but we're all really tired of turkey... On the upside...I haven't had to cook anything since Thursday! LOL!
Now, we're dipping our toes into December (gasp!) and I'm staring the concept of pulling out my holiday decorations and searching for the perfect Frasier Fir.
But enough about all that...Let's take a look at this week's samples.

My first two cards are NOT Christmas cards believe it or not! I pushed past the typical boundaries of this set and created two birthday cards using the two smaller stamps in the set. The first is done in Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry with a large floral design. Nothing Christmas-sy about that!
My second card is a little less bold but still a nice departure from the ornamental leanings of the set. I paired Baja Breeze (I SOOO miss that color) and Kiwi Kiss (yup. miss that color too) A little checkerboard embossing and a row of pleated paper add dimension with just a bit of bling to finish it off. It IS a birthday card after all!
My 3rd sample made use of the new circle flip card framelits die. These dies are REALLY fun to play with and definitely add a bit of "WOW-factor" to whatever you are doing. I embossed the left panel of the card and lined the opposite panel with Wintergreen DSP. This card actually has an extra flap on the right that opens to reveal the sentiment inside. this feature gives you a lot more space to write too. If you aren't sure how to create that extra fold-in flap, here's a VIDEO on how to do it.

Finally, if you're looking for packaging ideas for Christmas, here's a quick and easy option for you.
These tote boxes are the perfect size to hold a couple jars of jelly, some bath lotions, soaps etc. I covered the sides of the box with panels of Season of Style DSP then wrapped a band of ribbon around the middle. The panel on the front is a layered diecut shape that is stamped with ornaments and has one more popped up on dimensionals. Note, the latter ornament is actually from the Christmas Collectibles set. I made several of these with different papers and holiday stamps and they went together very quickly.

That's it for this week!  Blessings to all of you and I hope to see you here again soon.

Here are the supplies used this week:

S; Ornamental Keepsakes, Curly Cute, Christmas Collectibles
Hero Arts: Many Birthday Messages, Lower Case Greeting
P; Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, White, Wintergreen DSP, Season of Syle DSP
I: Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Brown, Soft Suede, Rose Red
A: gems, ribbon, dimensionals, Simple Patterns I embossing folder, Spellbinders Scallop Circles large, Labels Collection framelits, Circle Card Framelit, scallop edge punch, Christmas ornament punch, tote box, Ornaments embossing folder, 1-1/8 inch circle punch



Labels: , , , , , , ,