Monday Medley - Six Sided Sampler

 Happy Monday and welcome back!

Last week was really busy, but informative and fun in its own way despite the fact that I was stuck in a car for most of my birthday. The drive from Chicago to home is roughly 7-1/2 hours so it's a bit of a haul. On the upside, I had lots of time to read and sketch out cards!

This week we're taking a look at the hugely popular Six Sided Sampler. There are TONS of ideas out there for this set, so I'll offer up my apologies if mine aren't all that original. They are, however, my own designs. *smiles*

The first two cards are really quite similar. I simply changed the orientation of the card and the ribbon in relation to the hexagons. The DP for these two is from American Crafts and the colors are a near-perfect match to what SU! has to offer. Always a bonus right?

 The third card turned out to be a little bit of a surprise when it was all done. I started out with the intent of using my edgelits (finally) and of course, the featured set but when I assembled it I realized it looks like a face with a silly grin. Worth a giggle right?

Finally, the last card really makes use of the six-sided punch and DSP more than the stamps, but I did use one of them for the background. The flower is assembled using six punched DSP pieces. Each one is scored in a triangle from one of the points in the hexagon. Essentially it's a tea-bag sort of fold with each of the pieces adhered to a small punched circle to form a larger hexagon.

Thanks for stopping in! I'll see you next week.

This week's supply list:
S: Six Sided Sampler
P: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Raspberry Ripple, white, ivory, American Crafts: Hip Hip Hooray DP, Epic Day - This & That DP
I: Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Sahara Sand, Rose Red, Crushed Curry
A: Antique brads, ribbon, brads, gems, 6 sided punch, Bitty Banners framelits, foam dimensionals









Labels: , , , , ,