Each Day is A Gift

Good morning all!

Here in Minnesota, we've been "blessed"with a decidedly damp and dreary spring so today, I have a bright and cheery card to start your week off.

Ironically, this is also the card I was making the morning that my mother passed away and I like to think she was guiding my heart and hands when I chose the sentiment.

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of So Saffron. I realize it does look more like Daffodil Delight here but it really is So Saffron. 
I layered the front with a 5 inch square of Neenah Solar White that is stamped with Crushed Curry. I cut a 3-1/4 inch square out of the middle, stamped additional flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black over the top of the Crushed Curry background and layered it on a 3-1/2 inch square of So Saffron and a 4 inch square of Basic Black. I tied the ribbon around the top two portions of this multi-layer stack before adhering it to the black square and then the card.
The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Solar White and punched with a small oval punch. I layered it on a Modern Label punch of Basic Black, added a couple small gems to the ends and then popped it up on dimensionals over the ribbon. To complete the card, I scribbled over the black flowers on the center panel with 2 way glue and added a coating of Dazzling Diamonds glitter. 

Thanks for visiting!

 
S: Stampendous: Agapanthus Thank You, Loopy BLooms
P: Neenah Solar White, So Saffron, Basic Black
I: Crushed Curry, Memento Tuxedo Black
A: gems, small oval punch, Modern Label punch, ribbon, 2 way glue, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

Labels: , ,