Celtic Thoughts

Good morning and may I send out a very sincere thank you for being so patient with me while I was on hiatus.

Some of you already know that my mother passed away at the end of February, and I'm still reeling a bit at the idea of her being gone from my life.  She would have nudged me to push on though and do the things that make me happy, so of course I turn to my love of stamping to both help me heal and keep my mind busy.
Family and friends have been tremendously supportive during this difficult time and for that I am eternally grateful. So, if you have been patiently waiting for me to return with stamping inspiration, bless you and thank you.

I thought I would start this new week off with my March Card of the Month.  These are going out in the mail this week to the people on my list.

My card base is a half sheet of Wild Wasabi. I folder embossed the front with this fabulous new Sizzix folder called Circles, Leaves and Diamonds and then layered together a piece of K & Co Charlotte DP and half of an ivory Lattice BigZ die cut. I also punched the bottom edge of the DP with my Martha Stewart Arch Lattice and tied a piece of satin stitched ribbon just above the punched edge.  A couple small green gems finish the top half of the card off.

The sentiment was stamped with Rose Red ink on Neenah Baronial Ivory and punched with a small oval punch. I cut a tag using a Sizzlet Lots of Tags die from Bazzill Blossom cardstock and punched a trio of posies and a small leaf using the Trio Flower punch, Martha Stewart Little leaf punch and Rose Red and Garden Green cardstock.  A few glue dots and foam dimensionals were used to adhere the pieces together and I finished the flowers off with a white gel pen for the centers.

Have a wonderful day!


 
S: CTMH Say it in Style
P: Wild Wasabi, Bazzill Blossom, Rose Red, Garden Green, Neenah Baronial Ivory, K & Company Charlotte DP
I: Rose Red
A: small oval punch, Sizzlet Lots of Tags die, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch, BigZ Lattice die, foam dimensionals, gems, glue dots, white gel pen, Sizzix Circles, Leaves and Diamonds embossing folder


Labels: , , , , , , ,