Lace Gratitude

Good morning!
So, is anyone else feeling like Winter should be over any day now? I hate to be a wimp, but to be honest, I am so looking forward to warmer days where I can get outside to walk again without freezing my tail off in the process. My dog thinks the temperatures are grand, but he's wearing that fur coat and, of course, a dog's perpetual optimism. Maybe I need some of that!
Well, in lieu of a warm sunny day, I'm going to share a card that I made this past summer. See how pretty the back yard looked? All bright and sunny? Clearly this photo was not taken anytime in the recent past. Go ahead, bask in that sunshine for a bit. I'll wait...

Okay...enough daydreaming...

Today's card starts with a half sheet of Soft Sky cut 4.25 x 11 and folded at 5.5 inches.
I cut a 4 x 4 panel of Bayou Blue and trimmed it with two layers of scallops in Neenah Baronial Ivory before adding a second 3x3.75 inch layer of Everyday Enchantment DSP. The top layer was folder embossed with a Sizzix Frost folder and the bottom layer was left plain. I staggered them a bit so you would see the two layers.
Next, I used the same folder to emboss a 1 inch strip of Old Olive and then trimmed that with a narrow punched scallop edge of ivory. For this I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch. This piece was adhered to the top edge of the Bayou Blue panel.
Next came a trio of stamped medallions. I used Ridinghood Red ink on ivory cardstock and then punched each with a 7/8 inch circle punch. They are all layered on 1 inch circles of Soft Sky and 1-1/8 inch circles of Ridinghood Red and finished with a orange gem center.
The sentiment was stamped in Ridinghood Red as well and punched with the Word Window punch. I hand trimmed the Ridinghood Red layer behind and then clipped the right end so it would align flush with the edge of the card.
Finally, a trio of tiny flowers with gem centers along the lower scalloped edge and a soft ribbon bow complete the card.

Feel free to go back to your daydreaming now...thanks for visiting!

 
S: Mixed Bunch, Fabulous Phrases
P: Soft Sky, Bayou Blue, Old Olive, Ridinghood Red, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Peach Parfait, Everyday Enchantment DSP
I: Ridinghood Red
A: Crystal Stickers gems, ribbon, Itty Bitty punch pack, Sizzix Fost embossing folder, Sizzix Giant Scallop die, Word Window punch, 7/8, 1 and 1-1/8 inch circle punches, dotted scallop ribbon border punch

Labels: , , , , ,