I'm dreaming of a pink Christmas

Good morning!
Today I have a little Christmas cheer to share direct from the Sacrison house.

It definitely feels like Christmas around here with all of the snow we got yesterday. As you can see, we got LOTS and LOTS of white stuff. The  snow photo was taken at about 9:00 in the morning. It kept up all day and left us enough snow that it required the snowblower to clear the driveway and pretty much kept us in the house all day. Josh braved the roads to go to work, but Rich and I tucked in and spent the day tinkering on various projects. Just the sort of day you need right before the Christmas holiday decends!

So, today's card is the one I'll be sending out this year.  It's quite a departure from what I would normally do (at least color-wise) but I am pleased with how it turned out.

I went with an A7 card this year, so the dimensions are different than what I usually do too. 
The main card is Stardreams Metallics Rose Quartz cut 4-3/4 x 10 and scored at 3-1/4. The shorter flap was folder embossed with my Sizzix Victoria folder and then the card was layered on a 5-1/8 x 7-1/8 panel of Stardreams Silver.

Next, I cut a 6 x 4-1/4 piece of Neenah Solar White and another 2-3/4 x 3-3/4. The smaller piece was stamped with an ornament from the Ornament Keepsakes set in Regal Rose then layered on a 4 x 3 panel of pink glitter paper. I adhered the top half of the ornament piece to the center of the edge of the embossed flap, added a silver confetti snowflake and a gem to the center and hand-penned a silver string and bow at the top.
The larger white piece was stamped with snowflakes using Encore silver metallic ink. I stamped the snowflake from Berry Christmas around the outside edge only so that I'd have room for my sentiment in the middle and a bit of room to sign our names. 

Thanks for stopping in. Now, I'm off to brave the winter wonderland and a morning commute that is sure to be a challenge. Oh well, that's life in Minnesota!


Labels: , , ,