Peace on Earth

Happy half-day Friday!

I am headed off to a weekend of crafting fun. Hubby and kidlet #2 are on their own for a couple of days while I crank through a pile of projects that I can't seem to find time to tackle when I am at home.  I also get to spend time with some awesome ladies who never fail to inspire me so, BONUS!!!

I hope all of you have as much fun this weekend as I plan to!

Today's card is another one for Christmas. I pulled out some pretty plaid paper, a bit of snappy red ribbon and a stamp set I haven't had time to play with yet.

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Bazzill Aloe Vera cs folded and layered with three strips of DP  from Echo Park's This & That Christmas collection.

Next, I stamped the sentiment, bird and holly on Neenah Solar White with Basic Black, Real Red and Old Olive respectively. The bird and holly are hand trimmed but I used  a couple of Spellbinders Labels 18 dies to cut the sentiment and the Real Red piece that's tucked behind.
The ribbon was tied around the upper half of the card and everything else was placed over the top of it. The Real Red label is adhered directly to the card and the other pieces are up on dimensionals.
I used a glitter gel pen to outline the letters in the sentiment and coated the bird and holly with glitter. A few bright red gems on the holly berries finishes it all off.

Thanks for stopping today - enjoy your weekend!
 


S: Peaceful Season
P: Real Red, Bazzill Aloe Vera, Neenah Solar White, Echo Park This & That Christmas collection
I: Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Black
A; ribbon, foam dimensionals, glitter gel pen, glitter, 2 way glue, Spellbinders Labels 18, gems

Labels: , , , , ,