A Merry Christmas Triple Play

 Good morning and welcome to another week of fun!

I had a busy but productive weekend with a little creative time, one home improvement project started, and some pre-holiday planning in the works.

Today I have a trio of cards that all feature the same stamp set and general layout/design but my intent is to show you how the same basic card can be embellished with only a couple of small things for a lot of impact. All three cards use the same stamp set and the same colors: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler and Ivory.

My first card is, as I said, very simple.  I started by creating a monochromatic background of Always Artichoke on Ivory and layering that on the Always Artichoke card.
Next, I stamped the same image with Cherry Cobbler on a smaller piece of ivory and layered it on Cherry Cobbler. The sentiment is stamped with Always Artichoke to tie the two colors together. I sponged the edges of the ivory with Always Artichoke and I added a little Dazzling Details glitter glue to the centers of the poinsettias.

The SECOND CARD is done much the same way as the first except I added a band of ribbon tied in a bow to the right and used a blender pen to smudge the Cherry Cobbler ink around and fill in the poinsettias.

Finally, the THIRD CARD was done as a square rather than a standard A2.
An extra layer of Always Artichoke behind the Cherry Cobbler stamped panel, some hand cut extra flower layers, coating of glitter and a trio of pearls add extra pizzaz to the piece and I finished it off by stamping my sentiment on a separate piece of ivory, cut it with Spellbinders Petite Ovals large and layered it on a Cherry Cobbler Apothecary Accent label. A couple of dimensionals pop it up off the card and a pearl to dot the "i" in Christmas wrap it all up.

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping in.



S: Bells & Boughs, Petite Pairs
P: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Confetti Ivory, Neenah Baronial Ivory
I: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
A: sponge, Dazzling Details glitter glue, blender pen, glitter, ribbon, 1/8 in punch, pearls, foam dimensionals, Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large, Framelets: Apothecary Accents

Labels: , , , , , , ,