Roses for Mom

 Good morning and welcome to another fun filled week!

My weekend was jam-packed with home improvement projects but I got so much done I even surprised myself.
This week will be a wrap up of three different projects so I expect to be a limp rag by the time Saturday rolls around again. LOL!  The good news is, I'll have a freshly tiled AND painted bathroom upstairs, a little touch up to the paint in the bathroom downstairs, and my kitchen window and French door will also have a coat of paint. Everything aches right now, but I know it will be worth it once it's all done!

So, on to today's card.
My mother's birthday is on October 11th so I've been pondering what to do for her card for a while. She will be 86 this year and as she is obviously very dear to me, I try to do something special for her every year. We had her here with us a week or so ago and had a great time. I'd like to think I get my best qualities from her.

For her card, I started with 5 x 10 piece of Neenah Solar White folded in half. I folder embossed the front using my Sizzix Victoria embossing folder then layered it on a 5-1/4 square of Certainly Celery and a 5-5/8 square of Pirouette Pink.
I folder embossed a strip of Certainly Celery using my Cuttlebug Dots embossing folder and adhered that to the folded edge of the card.
Next, I cut a pretty white doily using the largest Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs die and lightly sponged the center with Certainly Celery. The sentiment is from Stampendous Friendly Phrases and is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa off center. This piece was then adhered to the card with foam dimensionals.
The wild rose is from Happiness Shared and is stamped on white with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copics. I hand trimmed it as close to the image as possible and mounted it on a few dimensionals as well to the left edge of my doily.
A rosy half pearl and some organdy ribbon finish the whole thing off.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a great week!



Pin It

 
S: Happiness Shared, Stampendous: Friendly Phrases
P: Pirouette Pink, Certainly Celery, Neenah Solar White
I: Memento Rich Cocoa
A: ribbon, Sizzix Victoria embossing folder, Cuttlebug Dots embossing folder, Crystal Stickers half pearl, foam dimensionals
Copics: RV32, R00, YG63, YG93

Labels: , , , , , , ,