Poppies for Sandy

Good evening!
My apologies for the late post tonight. I've been wrapping up various DIY projects this week and last night was a LATE one which turned into a bit of a groggy and rushed morning. Sleep is over rated anyway...

Today's card is the one I did for my sister Sandy for her birthday which is coming up in November. Shhhh...don't tell her!

The inspiration for this started with a new Cricut cartridge called Giant Flowers. It has an assortment of flowers to choose from which, of course, you can make in pretty much any size you want. Way cool. Anyway, for this card I chose the poppy. With a little help from a friend I managed to put together the right color combo for the flower and then, in a stroke of good luck, was able to pair it up with some DP that matched. Thanks for My Minds Eye for saving the day there!
The card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Baja Breeze layered with a 5 inch square of Basic Gray. Over that, I pieced together three different prints from the My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally collection.
I added a punched border of Basic Gray leaves along one DP edge and then adhered the assembled flower at the midway point of the three DP pieces.
The tag is stamped with Basic Gray on Confetti Ivory and layered on Not Quite Navy then tucked under the flower. A bit of Baja Breeze Seam Binding ribbon finishes it off.

Thanks for waiting around today. See you Friday!


Pin It

 
S: Stampendous Orchid Greetings and Friendly Phrases
P: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Ruby Red, Summer sun, Basic Black, My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally DP
I: Basic Gray
A: Cricut Giant Flowers cartridge, Martha Stewart leafy branch border punch, seam binding ribbon, foam dimensionals, brad

Labels: , , , , ,