Owl Wish you a Happy Birthday

Happy Friday!

I've got a fun day planned for tomorrow that I am so looking forward to. Image 10 women all in one place (my "cozy" livingroom to be exact), making Christmas cards.  ALL day. Til we are DONE! We're so dedicated, we aren't even taking time to get out of our jammies! And, we're going to eat all kinds of good stuff. Yum! I Love Christmas card day!

I suppose you'd like to know what gives with the card for today though, huh?
Well, this one is for a friend who is celebrating their birthday tomorrow. Yes, I mailed the package and yes, they should have their card by now so I'm not spilling the beans here. *smiles*

I tried out the whole gate-fold idea on this one. and I like how it worked out.
The card base is a 6 x 12 piece of Chocolate Chip scored at 3 and 9 inches.
The two gates are layered with panels of  Bazzill Aloe Vera cs and Basic Grey Shine On DP. Note, I did not leave any margin on the inner edges of the flaps so that when it is closed, the front looks like it is one piece.
Next, I layered together a square of Pumpkin Pie and another piece of the Aloe Vera then adhered half of the one side to the front left side of the gate fold.
The happy birthday sentiment, the little birthday square and the owl were all stamped on Neenah Solar White with So Saffron, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip respectively. I used punches on the HB square and the owl, did a little extra piece work on the owl and then popped him and the HB square on dimensionals for height.  The sentiment square was layered on Chocolate Chip and adhered to the Pumpkin/Aloe square and the whole thing was finished off with a couple of buttons and some orange twist baker's twine.

Have a great weekend everyone!

 
S: Punch Bunch, Happiest of Birthday Messages
P: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Bazzill Aloe Vera, Basic Grey: Shine On DP, Neenah Solar White
I: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
A; buttons, My Minds Eye Lime Twist Orange bakers twine, Owl punch, scalloped square punch, foam dimensionals

Labels: , , ,