Black Cherry Flourishes

Hello everyone!
How's your week shaping up? I'm still digging myself out from under the usual 3rd week of the month deluge, but things are coming together. I might be able to take a deep breath by Friday. *smiles*

Today I have a rather dramatic card to share with you.
I've been playing round with some different sketches lately for a project I am working on and this one seemed to really came together for me. I think it's that wonderful black and white paper that stole the show, but I love how this turned out.
I started with a 4-1/4 x 11 piece of Real Red cs folded in half then layered together a 4 x 4-3/4 panel of Basic Black, a 3-3/4 x 4-1/2 piece of American Crafts Elegant DP and a Neenah Baronial Ivory punched border strip that I made using the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch. I tied the satin ribbon around the bottom before I adhered the panel to the card.
The trio of stamped squares are stamped with Basic Black and Real Red on Neenah Solar White and then punched with a 7/8 inch square punch. Each one is layered on a small scalloped square of Real Red. They were cut using Spellbinders Classic Scallop Squares dies.
Finally, a small red gem in the center of each one finishes it all off.

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope to see you here again Friday!
Pin It

 
S; Cute by the Inch
P: Real Red, Basic Black , Neenah Solar White, American Crafts Elegant DP
I: Real Red, Basic Black
A: Crystal Stickers gems, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Squares dies, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice edge punch, ribbon

Labels: , , , ,