Alvina's Oktoberfest

Good morning and TGIF!!!

This week of the month is always insanely busy for me at work so when you add in a horrible head cold things go downhill fast!
Thankfully, I've got a great support group both at work and at home so I've managed to keep my sanity for one more week and am battling the cold as much as I can. Praise the Lord for Nyquil!

Today I have the birthday card that I made for my stamping pal Alvina. She turned 39 again last week (LOL!) so she deserved a special card. *smiles*
I started with a 5 x 10 piece of Neenah Baronial Ivory folded in half. I backed it with a 5-1/4 square of More Mustard and then layered the front with several different prints from Stampin' Up's now retired Autumn Traditions DSP assortment and a punched edge of Soft Suede. The punch is from Martha Stewart. Over that I layered a quartet of stamped, embossed or DP paper flags. These were overlapped and layered across the top of the card. 
Next, I stamped three different leaves from Autumn Fest (also retired) in Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant and Ridinghood Red on Neenah Baronial Ivory. They were hand trimmed and tied with a twine and organdy ribbom bow and the little sentiment tag. The sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes and the tag was die-cut using Sizzix Sizzlets Lots of Tags Labels 1.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend!


Pin It

 
S: Autumn Fest, Happiest Birthday Wishes
P: Neenah Baronial Ivory, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Perfect Plum, Autumn Traditions DSP
I: Always Artichoke, Ridinghood Red, Elegant Eggplant
A: Martha Stewart Autumn Leaf border punch, ribbon, twine, Sizzlet Lots of Tags Labels 1, Sixxix Branches with Leaves embossing folder, Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder

Labels: , , , , ,