A Very Merry Christmas

Hello!

I hope you're having a great week. I'm scrambling to get things done at work as usual but, I'm looking at having Friday off so that will be nice.

Today, I have a little taste of Christmas to share with you. Our weather has been testing us a bit lately with some definitely cooler days so my mind always drifts toward the holidays when that happens. I also have a group of ladies joining me to make Christmas cards in a couple of weeks so have been pondering different ideas for my own cards. I think I know what I want to do, but then someone posts a beautiful card and I go into a tailspin! Can you relate???

Anyway, today's card is also the result of my hopeless desire to get my hands into my new package of Candlelight Christmas DSP. This paper is SOOOO gorgeous and very traditional which is nice too.
For this card, I paired it with a couple ornaments from the Ornament Keepsakes set, the dies to help cut them out, and some More Merry Messages action for the sentiment.

My card base is a 4-3/4 x 9-1/2 piece of Neenah Baronial Ivory layered on a 5 inch square of Old Olive and a 5-1/4 square of Early Espresso.
I layered the face of the card with three different prints from the DSP assortment and then trimmed it out with a Real Red Martha Stewart Doily Lace border and a band of red ribbon.

The ornaments were stamped with Always Artichoke and River Rock and the sentiment was stamped with Ranger Walnut Stain ink. All of these pieces were die cut and popped up on dimensionals.
I added a little thin twine to the top of the ornament and a few bright red gems to bling things up and finish it all off.

Thanks for stopping in!


Pin It

 
 S: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
P: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Real Red, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP
I: Ranger Walnut Stain, Always Artichoke, River Rock
A: twine, ribbon, Crystal Stickers gems, Sizzlet Lots of Tags Label 1, Holiday Ornaments Framelets, foam dimensionals, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim punch

Labels: , , , , ,