Quilted Congratulations

Good morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy but lots of fun. My mom was here staying with us for a few days so we squeezed in a Twin's game, a day making salsa and a little stamping fun. All in all...a pretty darned great couple of days!

Today I have a card I did recently for a friend.
I've been looking at various blogs and cards that use paper piecing and have been wanting to give it a try but I wanted to do something with my dies too. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out and it's a fabulous way to create two or more cards with similar layouts all at one time. The reason for that being you cut 4 different papers and then clip them apart so you can reassemble them in whatever design you choose.

So to begin, I started with a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock folded in half.
Next, I cut four of the scallop flower from four different designer papers. Note these are all double-sided papers. I then cut them into eight equal pieces, mixed them around a bit and created my design.
***TIP*** To align your center piece in the center of your card, measure to your halfway point on both the top and one side of the card then make a pencil mark in the center. Draw a short line in either direction from the center point and align your DP pieces along those lines. 
Once I had the center medallion in place, I finished the corners with opposing DP prints and then used a white gel pen to add the dotted "stitching" all the way around the quilted shapes. Next, I paper pierced all of the pieces so that it looked quilted and finished with an organdy bow and button in the center.
The little "Congrats" tag is stamped with Ridinghood Red on Neenah Solar White and layered on Not Quite Navy and Stardreams light green. All of the tag layers were hand trimmed and the end is just tucked under the button with a glue dot.

Finally, the inside of the card is lined with white to make it easier to write on.

Have a great day!

Pin It

 
S: Lawn Fawn: Sophie's Sentiments
P: Not Quite Navy, Neenah Solar White, Stardreams light green, Twitterpated DSP
I: Ridinghood Red
A: 7/8˝ organdy ribbon, button, gel pen, Lifestyle Crafts: Nesting Flowers, paper piercing tool, foam mat.

Labels: , , , , ,