The Special Bond of Friends

Good morning!

Today I have a very special card to share with you. I made this one for my best friend Twyla for her birthday which is coming up in another week or so. We celebrated our birthdays together over the weekend - in fact I had Friday off so we spent the day together. Of course we had a marvelous time amid the fun of a couple of wine tastings and a tour of a lovely little vineyard in St. Croix Falls, WI. I now know what sort of wine she likes too, which I know will come in handy in the future! LOL!

Anyway, Twyla and I have been friends since high school which was, some time ago. Let's leave it at that shall we? The sentiment is really perfect for us...especially if that last bite is chocolate!

So, the card begins with a 5-1/2 x 11 piece of Taken with Teal. All four corners were rounded and the piece was layered on a 6 inch square of Regal Rose. The corners on that were rounded as well.

The layers are a trio of DP from the Pebbles: Sunny Side collection and I gave each a rounded corner or two to coordinate with the card shape.

Our curly haired sweetheart is a digi from Mo Manning. She's printed on Neenah Solar shite and colored with Copics. I cut her out using Spellbinders Labels One and then cut a slightly larger Regal Rose piece to layer it on.  I used foam dimensionals between the layers and also used them to adhere the panel to the card. The sentiment is from Stampendous Friendship Assortment and is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Solar White. I used the same label die to cut it and the Regal Rose layer behind and set it in place near the bottom of the card with dimensionals too.

The next assembly step was to tie a little hot pink polkadot ribbon around the middle. The colored panel came next followed by the rhinestone swirls. Gotta have that bling right?

So...happy birthday my dear friend. Let me know if you need help finishing off that chocolate!

Pin It

 
S: Digi-Mo Manning, Stampendous: Friendship Assortment, Friendly Phrases
P: Neenah Solar White, Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, Pebbles: Sunny Side assortment
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, ribbon, dorner rounder, Want2Scrap rhinestone swirls, foam dimensionals
Copics: E00, E11, E0000, E43, E15, E55, BG15, BG32, B05, B00, G20, YG25, YG95, RV04, R08, R32

Labels: , , , , ,