Monkey Hugs Coming Your Way!

I've come to the realization that no matter how good things are going, no matter how much sunshine is in your day, there are still days, even when we get older, when you just need a hug. Monkey hugs are best. You know the kind. The ones where someone (usually someone small) just wraps their arms and legs around you and squeezes because they're so glad to have you in their life. Actually it's possible for larger people to do the same thing, but we tend to forget how as we get older.
So, today, I have a great big Monkey Hug coming your way!

My version begins with a half sheet of Bashful Blue card stock layered with a quarter panel trimmed of plaid DP from Cloud 9 Design. I also paired up another print from the same assortment with a square of Soft Suede and adhered that along the right half of the card. My apologies for the somewhat vague info on the DP, but I can't remember what the assortment is called. I bought it ages ago for Josh's scrapbook and tossed the wrapper. Now that I've pilfered from that little stash, I'm regretting having launched the wrapper. (Color me chagrined)
Our little Changito monkey (Stampendous) and sentiment (Inky Antics) are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Baronial Ivory. The monkey and his lucky hug recipient are colored with Copics and layered on Bazzill Stonewash and/or Soft Suede. The sentiment was hand trimmed into a little flag and adhered directly to the polka dot panel and the monkey panel is popped up on dimensionals. A trio of hand tied buttons finish the whole thing off.

Alright now...get out there and pass out a few monkey hugs!


Pin It

 

S: Stampendous: Cling Changito Knee Hug, Inky Antics: Simple Sentiments)
P: Bashful Blue, Soft Suede, Bazzill Stonewash, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Cloud 9 Design DP assortment
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: buttons, wax thread, foam dimensionals
Copics: E44, E55, E57, E89, B52, B95, B97, T0, N3

Labels: , ,