Orange you fabulous Miss Lily?

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a little break from the humidity, ever so briefly, which was lovely. I spent a delightful morning Saturday with my friend Susette at the Farmer's Market, bought a boatload of gorgeous produce and generally had a great time. We also popped into a couple stamp stores before heading home and I couldn't resist picking up this gorgeous Jumbo Lily by Stampendous. My co-worker Virginia's birthday is later this week and I thought since I used the Jumbo Peony for my boss Carol's birthday the lily would be a nice choice for Virginia. I kept the design simple and, yes, somewhat similar to the card I did for Carol on purpose. These flowers are so stunning I really have a hard time adding a lot of extras to any card they are on. I'm also adding today's post to the Stampendous July citrus challenge (a bit under the wire I know) so be sure to check out the other entries on the Stampendous Blog.

So, on to the card. My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Pumpkin Pie. I divided a 4-7/8 inch square of DP from Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer collection into 4 equal squares and layered them on the card front in a window pane pattern.
The flower and sentiment were stamped on Neenah Solar White. The lily was colored with Copics, hand trimmed and mounted to the card with foam dimensionals. I used a few stacked dimensionals to hold the center of the sentiment tag up in the middle and then adhered the ends directly to the card. Finally, a 2 way glue pen and a dusting of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the flower centers plus a couple of gems on the sentiment finishes it all off.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!


Pin It

 

S: Stampendous: Jumbo Lily, Hero Arts: Sending Smiles Messages
P: Pumpkin Pie, Neenah Solar White, Pink Paislee Hometown Summer DP collection
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: 2 way glue, Dazzling Diamonds prisma glitter, foam dimensionals, Vrustal Stickers: Gems
Copics: YR68, Y17, Y38, R05

Labels: , , , , ,