Vanilla Noir Peony

 Good morning!
It's a Stampendous week here on 5inkyfingers!

This week, I'm posting the cards I submitted for the Stampendous Blogstar contest. Unfortunately, I wasn't chosen but I hope you'll enjoy the cards I did anyway!

Here's the closeup that shows the embossing a little better.
Today's card is a showcase for the beautiful Jumbo Peony stamp. I kept the design monochromatic with only ivory and black and then embellished things with some embossing, a lacy edge punch and some bling. This card is suitable for either a wedding or an anniversary.

My card base is a 5 x 10 piece of Neenah Baronial Ivory folded. The Jumbo Peony is stamped in the lower left corner in Memento Tuxedo Black and then passed through the BIgShot with Stampin' Up's Elegant Lines folder. The closeup photo shows the embossing a little better.

I layered the card on a 5-1/4 square of Basic Black and then added a 1/2 x 5 inch band of Basic Black to the top fold with a Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge to add some interest. With the black band and the lace border in place, I finished off the top edge with a bit of ivory organdy ribbon tied in a simple bow.
Finally, three black gems deck out the lower right corner of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Pin It

 
S: Stampendous: Jumbo Peony
P: Neenah Baronial Ivory, Basic Black
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch, Black rhinestones (Michaels) Offray ribbon, Sizzix Elegant Lines embossing folder

Labels: , , , , ,