Sympathy Triple Play

Good morning!

Did everyone have a good weekend? Other than the required cleaning and laundry that I was compelled to do all day Saturday, I had a great weekend. Yesterday I spend most of the day stamping with my pal Susette and we had a blast. She so fun to stamp with because she has a very methodical way of doing things (Totally NOT me) and it's always a delight to see how her cards come together. Not to mention she really comes up with some darling ideas. She's also really crafty-smart in that she figures out a design she likes and then preps all the little stuff like punched flowers, leaves, embossed pieces etc to make multiples of the same card later in one variation or another. Anyway, it was so fun to have her over for the afternoon we're hoping to plan a regular "play day" going forward. Can't wait!

Speaking of multiples...
I have three sympathy cards to share with you today.
Susette's technique of using similar elements to make several of one type of card plays out here (yes, I admit it. I stole her idea)
You'll note that my layout for all three cards is very similar but I traded out different colors, varied how I layered the flowers etc. The benefit to this is that you get similar cards, but without a lot of extra plotting.

In all 3 cards, the card base is the same. I also used the same stamps, DSP pack, flower dies and the same swirl/leaf die. The only difference is the placement of the sentiment and/or the color changes.

Pretty nifty right? Full details for what I used are below.

Enjoy your day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It


 

S: Impression Obsession:  Sympathy Sentiments
P: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue, Pirouette Pink, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Springtime Vintage DSP
I: Old Olive
A: brads, Sizzix: flourish #9, Birds & Blossoms flower pieces and large flower, foam dimensionals, embossing tool, foam mat, paper piercer

Labels: , , ,