Oh, My Stars! It's Your Birthday!

Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a masculine birthday card to share with you, liberally dusted with stars, a little woodgrain and some plaid. You know. Guy stuff!

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 8 piece of Naturals Ivory cs folded and layered on a quarter sheet of Not Quite Navy.

The background is made up of a trio of rectangular panels. The first is a strip of plaid DP from Simple Stories  and their Generations assortment. Next is a panel of Kraft cs that I added a woodgrain texture to using a Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder. I sponged it lightly with Ranger Walnut ink to bring out the pattern of the folder before adhering it to the card. Finally, I faux stitched along one edge of a smaller piece of Bazzill Pomegranate cs with a white gel pen.
For the stamping part of this card, I stamped the birthday seal from Hero Arts Unified Postmark set in Not Quite Navy on Naturals Ivory and the large star from Spotlight on Christmas in So Saffron. Both were punched out using a 1-3/4 circle punch and the star punch respectively. I also punched out a couple of smaller circles in Kraft and Not Quite Navy and another star of Not Quite Navy. The latter was embossed with the Sizzix Plaid embossing folder and all the circles were layered and then pinned together with a star brad.
I mounted the circles directly to the card as well as the Not Quite Navy star and popped the So Saffron star up on foam dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a great day!


Pin It

 
S: Hero Arts: Unified Postmark, Spotlight on Christmas
P: Naturals Ivory, Not Quite Navy, Simple Stories Generations DP, Bazzill Pomegranate, Kraft cs
I: So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Ranger: Walnut Stain
A: Woodgrain embossing folder (Tim Holtz), Plaid embossing folder (Sizzix), White gel pen, Chrystal Stickers gems, gold star brad, star punch, 5/8, 7/8 and 1-3/4 inch circle punches, foam dimensionals, sponge

Labels: , , , , , , , ,