Agapanthus Splash

Happy Monday!

Wasn't this past weekend fabulous?!?  Sunshine as far as the eye could see and more than a little Summer heat to go with it. Glorious I say!

Today I have a card that conveys a little of that tropical Summer feeling to share.
I kept the layout simple for this one because I really wanted to let those flowers pop. There's something about black and turquoise that accomplishes that with ease don't you think? Of course if you swapped out the turquoise for a hot pink, orange, or yellow this card would be fabulous too! In fact, I encourage you to give that a try!

The flowers are from a new favorite set from Stampendous called Agapanthus Thank You. Way fun to play with and very versatile. Note that I used the larger flower to create the background on the card.

So here we go...

The card base is a half sheet of Tempting Turquoise folded and stamped with the large flower blossom in Tempting Turquoise for a tone-on-tone background.
The center panel is a 3-3/4 x 4-1/4 panel of Basic Black. I used my Fiskars Threading Water edge punch to decorate one narrow edge and then layered my stamped panel of Neenah Solar White over that. The stemmed flowers are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with the larger blossom is stamped in Tempting Turquoise over the top.
Once these two were adhered together, I tied the ribbon around the layers and then adhered it to the middle of the card.

See what I mean? Simple, snappy and summery!

Thanks for dropping by!

Pin It
 

S: Stampendous: Agapanthus Thank You
P: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Neenah Solar White
I: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tempting Turquoise
A: Bazzill ribbon, Fiskars Threading Water edge punch 

Labels: , , ,