#1 Genuine Dad

Good morning!
I hope that everyone had a great weekend, and that all the dads received the treatment they deserved. The boys and I took Rich out to a fabulous brunch at Granite City yesterday and then Rich and I went with some friends to a little nearby winery for a tasting and lots of laughs. In short, I did what I could to make Rich's day fun and special because he really is a great dad and ranks pretty darned high on the husband scale too come to think of it!

I thought it was only fitting that I share with you the card that I made for him this year so, here we go.

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 inch piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock.
I layered a 5 inch square of First Edition Specialty paper over the face after I distressed it a bit with some light sponging and one torn edge. I also stamped "genuine" in Memento Tuxedo Black in the lower right corner before setting this part aside for a bit.
The flags in the background are hand trimmed and layered on alternating strips of Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler. The designer paper is from Echo Park's Times and Seasons assortment as are the little numbered flags which were cut and arranged on baker's twine. The larger flags were trimmed out with small punched circles of Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler and some gold brads then adhered to the card. the baker's twine is wrapped around the first and last brad and are left to dangle freely.
Finally, the medal is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Baronial Ivory then punched with the 1-1/2 inch circle punch. The spiky circle of Cherry Cobbler that is behind the stamped piece is actually the scallop circle punch with each of the scallops trimmed to points. The ribbon was adhered to the back of the medal and then the whole thing was popped up on dimensionals on the card. A coating of Diamond Glaze gives it the shiny button look.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day.


Pin It

 
S: Hero Arts: Cool Dad, Hampton Arts: Father's Day I
P: Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Echo Park: Times & Seasons DP, 1st Edition Specialty
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: scallop lace edge punch, ribbon, baker's twine, brads, 3/8 and 1-1/2 in circle punch, Diamond Glaze, dimensionals

Labels: , , , , ,