Deep Woods Congratulations

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was really short, but I accomplished several tasks that I'd set aside for myself and the Stationary Box Class on Sunday went great. Thanks again to all the lovely ladies who attended and  I hope you have fun making your second stationary set too!

Today, I have a masculine deep woods congratulations to share with you. My friend Twyla asked me to make this for one of her retiring faculty members last week.
Masculine cards are always a bit of a challenge for me but this one came together with a minimum of fuss although I will admit that it wasn't ME cutting the trees and moose out...

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Soft Suede folded and layered with three different size panels of designer paper. For this, I used the Echo Park This and That Charming and My Minds eye Lost and Found Breeze collections. All of the pieces were sponged with Chocolate Chip ink and I added a pair of layered circles of Old Olive and Baha Breeze with an antique brad in each to the narrow strip along the right prior to adhering that and the other pieces in place. The DSP in the upper left is from the First Edition Specialty assortment. I crumpled a strip and distressed it a bit with sponging and then adhered it to the card and then added the sentiment over the top. The sentiment is stamped with Chocolate Chip on Neenah Baronial Ivory, hand clipped on the ends and sponged as well.
The trees and moose were stamped with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip on ivory, hand trimmed and then adhered to the card. One tree and the moose were adhered with foam dimensionals.
Thanks for dropping in today!



Pin It
 

S: DD Pines, Congrats
P: Echo Park This and That Charming, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Baha Breeze, Neenah Baronial Ivory
I: chocolate chip, old olive, always artichoke
A: brads, 3/8, 1/2 circle punches, sponges

Labels: , , , , ,