All tied up

Good morning everyone!
I hope your week is going well. Mine is relatively quiet for a change but I'm not complaining! I also have a nice long 4 day weekend to look forward to and hopefully, some time digging in my flower beds.

Today's card is the one I had my class do this month at work. I gave them the option of making it into a Father's Day card with the change up of the sentiments and a punch or two, but for this one, I opted for a masculine birthday. The idea for this card came from one I saw on Pinterest. I'll post the link as soon as I figure out who's board I saw it on...my bad...sorry!

The card base is a half sheet trimmed of Neenah Baronial Ivory. The backgroundis stamped in Kiwi Kiss with the now retired Ticking background stamp and then adhered to a quarter sheet of Pacific Point.
The next panel is a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock that I embossed with my Sizzix Argyle embossing folder. I added 4 small gold brads to the corners and used a larger gold brad for the "peg" to dangle the hanger from.
The ties are cut from small strips of Muirfield DSP and hung on the little hanger clip with glue dots to hold them in place. (The ends were folded over on the back side)
Finally, the sentiment was stamped with Pacific Point on ivory and layered on Pacific Point. 
A little tip on the assembly: The large brad was inserted into a hole punched in the Kiwi Kiss piece with the "legs" of the brad aligned vertically. This leaves you a small gap between the legs just behind the head of the brad that you can slip the hook of the hanger through. That way, when you push the brad all the way in and flatten the legs, the hanger gets caught and will swing without falling off your card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a fabulous day!

Pin It

 
S: Stampendous: Bday Messages, Ticking bkg stamp
P: Neenah Baronial Ivory, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Muirfield DSP (retired)
I: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss
A: brads, 7 Gypsies metal hangar clips, Argyle embossing folder, dimensionals

Labels: , , , , , ,