With age comes wisdom


Good morning!
Yesterday was my dear hubby's birthday. I won't say how old he is, but since he's of a certain "vintage" and I've been married to him for almost 27 years now, I figure teasing him a bit is my wifely duty. At the very least.

So, I started with an adorable Tiddly Inks digital image called Genius and paired that with a Close to My Heart greeting set called Just a Number.

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Cool Caribbean. I layered two panels of DP from the My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up and Dilly Dally over the face of the card along with a coordinating strip of DP along the seam.
The digital image is colored with Copics and layered with a slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler cs. I adhered the image directly to the card but I tucked a small DP flag underneath the bottom left edge before I stuck it down.
The sentiment is stamped on Neenah Solar White with Memento Tuxedo Black, hand trimmed and layered with Cherry Cobbler. A couple of foam dimensionals mount it to the card.
Finally, I punched three pairs of circles from the same DP, added a brad to the center of each and used glue dots to adhere them to the bottom left edge of the card.

For the inside, I repeated the paper flags and punched circles and finished it off with the rest of my snarky sentiment.

Happy Birthday Dearie!


Pin It

 
S: Tiddly Inks Genius digi, CTMH-Just a Number
P:  Cool Caribbean, Neenah Solar White, Cherry Cobbler, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally and All Dolled Up DP
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: brads, 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch circle punches, foam dimensionals, glue dots
Copics: E00, E11, E25, E39, E55, B00, B52, YG11, YG63, T5, T0, R35, R56

Labels: , , , , , ,