Happy Hodgepodge

Good morning!
I hope you all had fun this weekend! Unfortunately, I was neck deep in cleaning and re-organizing my stamp room which meant I had to force myself to keep cleaning and not stop to stamp once I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm happy to report that my stamping space is liveable again. Praise the Lord!
Unfortunately, I'm not feeling too hot today so I think my pillow is going to get a re-visit shortly.
With that said..this will be a quick post.

Today's card is an example of something I do quite often which is to cobble together miscellaneous bits and pieces from other projects for a new creation. I frequently find myself with little scraps of embossed paper, die cuts I didn't use and leftover flowers. Not to mention snippets of ribbon, stray gems etc. Well, you get the idea right?
This card is pretty much all put together that way. The main focal point (with the exception of the rhinestone swirls) was pieced together from at least 3 other card leftovers. Once I had the little square put together, I simply added it to a square white card layered with a couple of designer papers, a little punched lace trim and the sentiment.

Pretty nifty huh? I guess you could call this the card maker's version of making lemonade out of lemons!

Enjoy your day! I'm going back to bed...


Pin It
 
S: Hero Arts: Sending Smiles Messages
P: Neenah Solar White, Pirouette Pink, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, Miss Caroline: All Dolled Up DP
I: Basic Gray
A: Boho Blossoms Punch, Little Leaves die (Sizzix), Spellbinders Crowned Ovals, ribbon, brad, embossing tool, mat pack, rhinestone swirls, Quickutz Dots embossing folder, foam dimensionals, scallop lace edge punch, eyelet lace border punch

Labels: , , , , , ,