By Special Request...for Katelyn

Good morning!
Today I have a very special card to share with you along with a sweet story that I'm sure the romantics out there will simply love.

I had a special card request this week from a gentleman who was wondering if  I could create a special card for him to give to a girl he has been seeing. She is finishing up Spring semester at school and has had a few challenges in her life of late so he wanted to give her a hand-crafted card to cheer her up, encourage her and help her to welcome the sunny days of Spring and Summer. There were a few specific elements he asked me to add in that were both challenging and fun to play around with. I hope that I've accomplished the sort of card and message that he was after, and I really hope that she (Katelyn) enjoys the card and all the charming requests that helped to create it.

Thank you Sanjaya, for giving me such a fun project to work on! I wish you both all the best!

I went with an over-sized card this time around.
Sanjaya had noted another card called Wishes and Swirls that I currently have for sale in my Etsy store as something close to what he was looking for design-wise so I took the layout and went from there.

The card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Chocolate Chip folded and layered on a 5-1/2 inch square of Pirouette Pink and then on a 6 inch square of Regal Rose.

The front of the card is layered with two panels of DP from the My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Gertie paper pack. I also added a punched strip of DP from the same assortment along the seam and then banded the whole panel with a piece of pink ric-rac. I followed that up with two sprays of leaves cut from DP using the Sizzix Branch with Leaves Sizzlet die.

The German Shepherd dog is a digital image that I downloaded, printed on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copics. The dog is die cut using Spellbinders Classic Ovals and layered on a slightly larger Pirouette Pink Lacey Circle. This piece is mounted to the card with foam dimensionals.

The center main flower is a trio of stamped Mixed Bunch using Melon Mambo. Each one is shaped with an embossing tool and adhered together in the middle. The remaining smaller flowers are done with the Boho Blossoms punch and several different papers. All of the flowers are mounted to the card with glue dots. The butterflies are a combination of Sizzlet Embosslet Beautiful Wings die and hand cutting from another DP. This time, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up. I also added one small pearl to the body.

Finally, the sentiment is stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on white and layered on Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip. Katelyn's name is hand written and hand trimmed.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Pin It




 

S: Mixed Bunch, Hero Arts: Thank you for being my friend, digital dog image
P: Chocolate Chip, Pirouette Pink, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Neenah Solar White, My Minds Eye -  Stella and Rose Gertie and Miss Caroline Dolled Up DP
I: Memento Rich Cocoa, Melon Mambo
A: Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop edge punch, Punch Blossom Punch, Sizzlet Embosslet Beautiful Wings die, Sizzix Branch with Leaves Sizzlet die, brads, half pearls, embossing tool, mat pack, Spellbinders Classic Circles, and Lacey Circles dies, Melon Mambo Marker
Copics: E44, E25, E35, RV32

Labels: , , , , , , , ,