Faith is the Substance

Good morning and happy Friday!

This week has really gone fast for me and I have a full weekend ahead of tax prep, cleaning and (finally) putting ALL of my retreat stuff and travel clutter away. My family will be happy to see our dining room table again, and I'll be happy to get my hands back into my stamps and ink!

I'm rounding out this week with a card that I had some help creating.
My bestie Twyla can take full credit for the beautiful hand stitched leaves along the bottom.Those came about because she'd purchased one of the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy rolling paper piercers and was anxious to give it a whirl. I did the rest of the card while she was figuring out how to do all the stitches. I applaud her on that because even reading the instructions WITH A DIAGRAM, I don't quite get how you do it. I figured if I did the rest of the card I was doing my part!

So, here we go!
The card base is a 5-1/4 x 11-1/2 piece of Cherry Cobbler. I layered the front with two coordinating pieces of DP from Echo Park's This & That Graceful collection and a small Lace Scallop border of the same green you see along the bottom. The green is also from that same DP collection.
Once Twyla had her leaves done, I added some punched Cherry Cobbler flowers with yellow brad centers and adhered that piece along the bottom with a narrow strip of Cherry Cobbler along the seam.
The sentiment is from a Paper Trey Ink set called Everyday Blessings. I stamped the verse with Memento Rich Cocoa on Neenah Solar White and then cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Circles. I also cut a larger Spellbinder Lacey Scallop Circle of the same white and layered the two together with foam dimensionals. A few more dimensionals pop it up off the card a tad more.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!


 
S: Paper Trey Ink: Everyday Blessings
P: Cherry Cobbler, Neenah Solar White, Echo Park This & That Graceful collection DP
I: Memento Rich Cocoa
A: WeRMemory Keepers Sew Easy paper piercer wheel, Spellbinders: Classic Circles and Lacey Circles, EK Success small daisy punch, Three For You flower punch, Lace Scallop edge punch, embroidery thread, needle, foam dimensionals

Labels: , , , , , ,