Lighthouse Prayers

Good evening!
So, it's Wednesday and yes, I realize I am about 13 hours late posting this but we had a little glitch in our internet service this morning so I couldn't post or send email. Drat!
So enough whining...
Today's card is a sympathy card that I did a while back for my stash at work. I was working on getting some more masculine cards put together so this one worked pretty well for that.

The card base is a half sheet, cut lengthwise, of Bazzill Juneberry layered with a strip of Neenah Baronial Ivory and a larger panel of Early Espresso.
To give it all that scuffed, distressed look, I just rubbed my Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink pad over the surface. Actually that was kind of the result of an OOPS because I dropped the ink pad on the card after I had the ivory in place so to "fix" it, I decided to smudge up the rest. *grins*
Next, I stamped the lighthouse on a panel of kraft cardstock and used a white chalk pen (Tombow) to color in part of it. I inked up the edges a bit before I layered it on Ivory.
Next, I stamped the sentiment (My Time Made Easy-Occasions Collection) on Ivory, punched it out with a small oval punch and layered it on a punched oval of Juneberry. Finally, I tied a little jute twine in the corner of the lighthouse piece.

Thanks for stopping by!

Toni

S: Coast to Coast, My Time Made Easy - Occasions Collection
P: Bazzill Juneberry, Early Espresso, Neenah Baronial Ivory
I: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
A: white chalk marker, jute twine, 1/16 inch punch, small and medium oval punches, dimensionals

Labels: , , ,