Junior Varsity Birthday

Good morning!
It's a nippy 28 degrees here today and I'm really looking forward to my first cup of hot coffee. I think our projected high for today is 36. Yay... I love Minnesota...I love Minnesota... *smiles*

So, today I have a birthday card to share with you. I went a little crazy with layers but love how it turned out. Of course it doesn't hurt that I love this Junior Varsity DP either! Too bad it's discontinued. : (
The card base is a half sheet of Baroque Burgundy layered with a panel of Bashful Blue. Over that I adhered a panel of Old Olive patterned paper and a strip of argyle that I paired with a punched So Saffron edge.
The first band of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon was wrapped next followed by a layered square panel of striped DP and Baroque Burgandy. The stars (Starring You) are stamped on Neenah Solar White with Old Olive and So Saffron and layered on Old Olive. I tied the ribbon before adhering this piece to the card with foam dimensionals.
Finally, I stamped the star in the word circle from the same set in both Baroque Burgundy and Bashful Blue and then hand trimmed the Bashful Blue star. The words were punched and then layered on a scallop circle of Baroque Burgundy with the Bashful Blue star added at the very end on another dimensional. A little glitter on the star finishes it all off.

Enjoy your day!

Toni

S: Starring You
P: Baroque Burgundy, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron, Neenah Solar White
I: Baroque Burgundy, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron
A: 1-1/4 inch circle punch, scallop circle punch, ribbon, Pinking Hearts edge punch, dimensionals, 2-way glue, glitter

Labels: , , , ,