Vintage Rose

Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend. We had lots of bright sunshine but the wind kind of made doing anything outside difficult so I made up for it by working industriously on the 5inkyfingers.com website adding a whole new wedding announcement section. Please make a point of popping over there to check it out and spread the news if you know of anyone who's getting married. I'd love to help them with custom invitations!

As for the rest of the weekend, there was a definite nip of Fall in the air. Of course, I'm in denial a little bit because it's been so nice having warmer temperatures later into the year. We get a little weary of Winter up here in the North country so the longer we can go in the Fall, the better.
With that in mind, I have a card to share with you today that still holds a bit of a Summer feel.
The card base here is a half sheet of Soft Suede layered with two half panels and a narrow strip of Springtime Vintage DSP I pretty much divided the card front in half with those pieces.
Next, I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles dies and circle cutter to cut a Bazzill Romance and Neenah Baronial Ivory circle pair. I stamped off the single flower from Bliss in Melon Mambo several times along one edge of the ivory circle and then stamped several more flowers in varying shades of Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo and hand trimmed them for mounting. The leaves were punched with a McGil Petal Punch and corregated to distress them a little.
After adhering the circles in place, I arranged the cut flowers and leaves where I wanted them and used a combination of glue dots and dimensionals to adhere them.
Finally, I stamped the birthday greeting from Vintage Labels in Soft Suede along the opposite side of the circle, tied ivory organdy ribbon around the width of the card and added several small half pearls to the flowers and next to the sentiment.

Enjoy your day!

Toni

S: Bliss, Vintage Labels
P: Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Bazzill-Romance, Neenah Baronial Ivory
I: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
A: Nestabilities Lacey Circles, Circle Cutter, ribbon, dimensionals, Horizon faceted stones, paper crimper, McGill Petal Punch

Labels: , , , , , ,