Guava Durango Congratulations

Good morning!
I hope your week gets off to a great start. I know mine will be a whirlwind of projects but that's pretty normal and I had a very productive and satisfying weekend so I won't complain.
I did learn a valuable lesson however...DON"T volunteer to do my son's laundry unless I'm prepared to be doing laundry ALL DAY. Yikes!

Today, I have a congratulations card to share with you. I stocked up on the Autumn Flowers DSP while it was on clearance a while back and I'm so glad I did. I love the prints in this assortment and I find myself pulling them out quite often. Too bad it's discontinued! : (
Anyway, my card is a half sheet of Groovy Guava that's embossed with the Sizzix Flowers Summer embossing folder. I used my Fiskars Threading Water edge punch to scallop the edge of a panel of Dusty Durango and then layered it with a piece of the floral DSP big enough to cover the holes that are part of the edge punch design. The ribbon was tied in a knot and the ends wrapped around to be adhered to the back of this layered panel which was then adhered to the card front.
Next, I cut three smaller panels of Dusty Durango and layered the largest and smallest with two other prints from the DSP pack. The middle panel is a piece of Neenah Solar White stamped with the small flower from Printed Petals in Dusty Durango and the branch from Cheep Talk in Old Olive. I stamped on extra flower on a scrap of the same white and hand trimmed it. Once I had the three panels in place behind the ribbon, I added the cut flower on a foam dimensional. The sentiment is stamped with Old Olive and hand trimmed as well.
Finally, a little bling on the flower petals wraps things up.

Thanks for stopping in! Enjoy your day!

Toni

S: Cheep Talk, Printed Tetals, Congrats
P: Groovy Guava, Dusty Durango, Neenah Solar White, Autumn Flowers DSP
I: Dusty Durango, Old Olive
A: Fiskars Threading Water Punch, Crystal Stickers gems, ribbon, Sizzix Flowers Summer embossing folder

Labels: , , , ,