Plum Swirls

Good morning!
Well, as is typical of short work weeks, this one is flying right by. Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind and I don't expect today to be any different, but I guess I'd rather be perpetually busy than searching for something to work on! Well...maybe having not QUITE so much to work on would be nice but I'll stop whimpering.

Today I have another sympathy card to share with you. The layout is very simple and relies on texture to really make it shine. I used an embossing folder for part of the card layering and my scoring board for another.
The card base is a half sheet of So Saffron. I punched the front edge with my Fiskars Threading Water punch then cut two panels- one of Certainly Celery and another of Elegant Eggplant -  and added the texture to both. The Certainly Celery was scored every 1/8 inch on my scoring board and then adhered flush with the top of the card. The Elegant Eggplant piece was embossed with a Sizzix Starry Night folder and adhered flush with the bottom of the card.
Next, I stamped Certainly Celery swirls from Priceless on a small piece of Neenah Solar White and topped them with an Elegant Eggplant sentiment from Pink By Design. I rounded the corners, layered it on a slightly larger piece of Elegant Eggplant and then punched a So Saffron scallop rectangle to back the whole thing. A couple of dimensionals pop it up off the card and a little felt flower adds a little bling.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your day!

S: Priceless, Pink by Design: Sympathy
P: So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Neenah Solar White
I: Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery
A: felt flower (target $1 spot), Sizzix Starry Night embossing folder, Martha Stewart Scoring board, Fiskars Threading Water edge punch, dimensionals


Labels: , , , , ,