Sepia Anniversary

Happy Friday!
I hope you've all had a good week. I've been flying low all week, but that's ok. Tomorrow we're off to the State Fair (am only thank you very much) and then I have the weekend ahead of me to catch up on some things around home. Anyone else doing anything fun???

Today's card is an anniversary card that I did a while back. The whole sepia tone really appealed to me when it was all done and it's always nice when your elements come together so nicely.
The card base is a half sheet of Early Espresso. I cut and sponged a strip of Neenah Baronial Ivory first to start the layers. The middle panel is where all the action is though. First I cut a 3 inch square of Neenah Baronial Ivory, distressed and sponged the edges and then cut a slightly larger square of Kraft and gave it the same treatment. Next, I stamped a filigree swirl from Unity's Moments in Bloom in the upper right corner using Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it in a bit with a pearl white gel pen. I also stamped a distressed notebook ledger (Unity Naturally You) in River Rock at just about dead center. Sorry, that's kind of hard to see in the photo. Next, I crimped a strip of Kraft, cut it to fit the Ivory panel and then added a couple aged copper heart paper clips and some brads to hold everything in place.
The flowers are punched using the Itty Bitty Punch pack and a small EK Success Groovy flower punch. I used another brad to hold the larger flower in place and trimmed out the smaller ones with some mocha colored half pearls. Finally, I stamped the sentiment  just above the crimped Kraft strip in Memento Rich Cocoa.

Thanks for stopping in. Enjoy your weekend!


S: Unity: Moments in Bloom and Naturally You, A Word For You
P: Early Espresso, Kraft, Neenah Baronial Ivory
I: Memento Rich Cocoa, River Rock
A: Recollections: half pearls, EK Success small groovy flower punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, aged copper brads and paper clips, distressing tool, sponge, paper crimper

Labels: , , , ,