Cinnamon Baja

Good morning!
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Mine was lazy and relaxing and perfect. They should all be like that!
Today's card came about through a combination of punches, dies and designer paper. Stamping is pretty minimal but I found a new little trick for saving a booboo when the flower you're die cutting doesn't come out quite the way you expected.
My card base is a half sheet of Bazzill Fawn layered with a panel of Bazzill Java and Cloud 9 Design Cinnamon Stick DP. I punched a strip of Baja Breeze using the EK Success Oval Chain punch and then threaded a thinner strip of the Java through the design. Next came the little sentiment tag. I stamped it on Neenah Solar White and hand trimmed it into a tag shape then punched a small hole near the top, threaded a little linen thread through the hole and one of the loops on the oval chain and tied it off. The leaves and the center of the flower are die cut from cork (way cool texture by the way) and the other two flower pieces are from the Sizzix Flower Layers #3 die. Here's where the booboo came in. When I was cutting the Baja Breeze larger flower, the paper slipped so part of one of the petals was clipped off.  Frustrating right? Well, since the part that was clipped ended up being an inverted clip, I just used my scissors to repeat the idea on all of the other petals. Ta Da!!! Lemonade!!!
The rest is basic layering with a foam dimensional to pop the flower up a tad.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

S: Silhouette Sentiments
P: Neenah Solar White, Bazzill Fawn and Java cs, Cloue 9 Design Cinnamon Stick DP,  Baja Breeze
I: Chocolate Chip
A: EK Success: Oval Chain punch, cork, 2 step bird punch, Sizzix Flower Layers #3 die, linen thread, 1/16˝ punch, foam dimensionals

Labels: , , ,