Vintage Father's Day

Good morning!
I hope you had a great weekend. We had gorgeous weather for a change so I did my best to get out and enjoy it while accomplishing a few tasks around home. Josh's girlfriend is coming to visit this next weekend so all my Mother's cleaning habits are surfacing! The benefit, of course, is an almost completely cleaned house, lots of finished laundry and several degrees less embarassment. It's all good!
Today I scooted out to my pal Alvina's for a card class using a new Simply Scrappin' kit. She had an easel card as one of her samples which reminded me that I had this Father's day card in my archives waiting to post. Timing is everything right?
Here's a tutorial from Splitcoast on how to do one: EASEL CARD TUTORIAL
My card base is a half sheet (4.25 x 11) and a quarter sheet (4.25 x 5.5) of Not Quite Navy.The face of the card is layered with a quarter panel of Sahara Sand that I stamped several images from Artifacts on with Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Sahara Sand, and Not Quite Navy. I adhered that to the card and then punched an 8 inch strip of Old Olive with the EK Success Stiched Zig Zag edge punch. I cut that in half and layered one piece over the center of the stamped panel followed by a narrow strip of Dusty Durango. I set the other half of the punched strip aside to use later on the inside.
The main image is a 2-1/4 square of Confetti Ivory stamped with the Ticking background  stamp in Not Quite Navy and layered a square of Old Olive and another of Not Quite Navy. The star is stamped on Confetti Ivory too, hand trimmed and decorated with an aged brass brad and adhered to the card with a thick glue dot.
The inside of the card is layered with a panel of Confetti Ivory. The bottom edge is trimmed with a 4 x 1 inch strip of Dusty Durango and the second half of the Old Olive zig zag punched strip. The sentiment is stamped with Dusty Durango on a slightly smaller piece of Confetti Ivory and adhered in place over the Dusty Durango piece. The zig zag edge helps catch the front of the card so it stands up correctly.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day!

S: Artifacts, Hampton Arts: Father's Day
P: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Confetti ivory
I: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Dusty Durango, Old Olive
A: Antique Brass brad, EK Success Stitched Zig Zag edge punch, 1/8 inch hole punch, glue dots

Labels: , , , , ,