Buckled Up Thanks

Good morning!
Wow, where has this week gone? Here it is Friday already, the weekend is here, and somehow I missed part of it. I'm pretty sure I got up 5 times this week...Oh, well. Time in general seems to be sneaking by me. Yesterday was our oldest son, Dan's birthday. He's 24 already and somehow I was positive that just last week he was walking for the first time. Darned kid grew up on me!
Well, we're celebrating with him tomorrow so I'm holding off posting his card for the moment but I'll have that for you on Monday. Today, I have a fairly basic thank you card that I did a while back. It's part of a group of more masculine-looking cards that I did at that time.
The card base is a trimmed half sheet of Neenah Solar White folded and layered on a quarter sheet of Always Artichoke. I cut a strip of Always Artichoke and stamped across the entire length with Basic Black and one of the images from Pocket Silhouettes. The ribbon was threaded through the buckle (Hodgepoege Hardware: Aged Copper) first and then the ends were just adhered to the back of the Always Artichoke strip before adhering to the card.
The thank you circle is from a little Hero Arts (Thank You) set that I found in the bargain bin at Archivers. I stamped the image in Basic Black on a scrap of Neenah Solar White and then punched it with the 1-1/4 inch circle punch. It's layered on a 1-1/2 inch Always Artichoke Circle and again on a 1-3/4 Basic Black circle and then adhered to the card.

Thanks for stopping in today - enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!

S: Pocket Silhouettes, Hero Arts: Thank You
P: Neenah Solar White, Always Artichoke, Basic Black
I: Basic Black
A: Hodgepodge Hardware : Aged Copper, ribbon, 1-1/4, 1-1/2 and 1-3/4 inch circle punches (EK Success)


Labels: , , , ,