Happy Anniversary Dearie!

Good morning! Rich and I are celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary today. I have a hard time believing that we've been married that long, but I suppose that means it's been a pretty good 26 years! Anyway, I decided that since he'd stuck with me for that long he deserved a special card. lol!
I started with a 6 x 12 piece of Chocolate Chip. I folded it in half and rounded the corners then layered it on a 6 3/8 inch square of Sahara Sand which I also rounded the corners of.
The face of the card is covered with a patchwork of prints from the Parisian Breeze designer paper pack that are stitched together on a square of Baja Breeze. Chocolate taffeta ribbon is tied around the middle into a floppy bow. Next, I die cut a piece of Chocolate Chip with my Spellbinders Labels 4 die then traced the inner rim of the same die onto another print from the designer paper pack and layered them together. A scallop oval of Baja Breeze and a stamped oval of Neenah Solar White. I used Baja Breeze ink and a Victorian Lace background stamp for the oval. I also stamped "i love you" from Three Little Words on a scrap of white and diecut that with the same die set, layering it on Baja Breeze the same way as the chocolate. One edge of the sentiment is tucked under the striped band of designer paper. I actually did this part back at the beginning when I was stitching the background together.
The birds were punched out of Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand and folder embossed with Sizzix Cottage Style and Stampin' Up!'s Square Lattice folders then adhered with foam dimensionals. Finally, a few Recollections pearls and pearl swirls finish it off.

Thanks for stopping in!

S: Three Little Words, Victorian Lace background
P: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Neenah Solar White, Parisian Breeze DSP
I: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
A: 2 step bird punch, Sizzix Cottage Style embossing folder, SU! Square Lattice embossing folder, foam dimensionals, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, Spellbinders Labels 4, ribbon, Recollections pearls

Labels: , , , , ,