All Dressed Up

Good morning!
Today I have my May monthly card to share with you. The inspiration came from this card by StampinforHisGlory on Splitcoast. The cards are very similar except that they used a pre-made sticker for the dress, and I made my own with stamps, punches, an embossing folder and a little ribbon.
My card base is a half sheet folded lengthwise of Neenah Solar White. Over that I layered a panel of Bashful Blue and 4 strips of Jersey Shore DSP.
The dress was done by cutting the silhouette from Neenah Solar White cardstock and then embossing the top portion with a Sizzix Plaid embossing folder. I snipped an inverted V out of the front of the skirt and then stamped the flowers in Wild Wasabi along the bottom on either side of the skirt. The flowers themselves were stamped on a scrap of white in Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy and then punched with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. Next, I edge punched with SU!'s Scallop Edge punch the bottom of a piece of Bashful Blue and layered it behind the dress for an underskirt. Finally, I wrapped a small piece of ribbon around the waist of the dress and added another small flower and gem.
The dress is mounted to the card with foam dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy and punched with the medium oval punch and then layered on a scallop punched oval of Pumpkin Pie.

Thanks for stopping in today! Friday I'll have Josh's birthday card to share. (I hope!)

S: Bella's Bloom, Silhouette Sentiments
P: Neenah Solar White, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Jersey Shore DSP
I: Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
A: Crystal Stickers gems, medium oval punch, scallop oval punch, scallop edge punch, ribbon (Bazzill), Itty Bitty punch pack

Labels: , , , , ,