Wild Saffron Bouquet

Good morning!
Happy Friday! This weekend I'll be getting together with some very kind-hearted souls to start prepping for the Stamp A Stack event coming up on May 1st. There's still space available, by the way, so if you're interested you can still sign up!
Anyway, Sunday we'll be cutting cardstock and assembling kits for everyone who's signed up so far and, as you might imagine, it can be quite a project so I've enlisted help. I'm looking forward to it actually- I'm sure it will be a fun afternoon.

Today's card is something I put together at the stamp retreat in February. I've done this type of card before and they're always so fun to give away. For this one, I had a yearning to use some absolutely GORGEOUS designer paper from K & Company called Wild Saffron. What I've used here is just a small sampling of what's included in this stack and the rest is just as beautiful. Yum!
The card is a half sheet of Ridinghood Red and another half sheet (trimmed) of Neenah Baronial Ivory. The Ridinghood Red is scored at 5.5 and the Ivory is scored at 5.25 and 2.625 (2-5/8). The unscored side of the Ivory is adhered to one side of the Ridinghood Red to form the double peaks you see. I layered each of the ivory sections with a piece of one of the overall green prints and a strip of the chocolate floral design. Next I punched an assortment of flowers from one of the yellow prints and then used my empressor to distress and bend the petals. I layered a few of them together and used brads to connect them. The red polka dot brads are from Making Memories- way cute right? Next, I die cut a plain and scalloped oval using Spellbinders Petite Ovals and Petite Scalloped Ovals in Neenah Baronial Ivory and Ridinghood Red for the inside (needed something to actually write a message on) and tucked it low enough that when the card is folded shut you don't see it. The sentiment on the front is stamped with Chocolate Chip on Neenah Baronial Ivory, punched with the small oval punch and layered on a Ridinghood Red medium oval. The leaves are done with the Sizzix Embosslet Leaf die from Stampin' Up! in Old Olive. I finished it all off with a bit of chocolate ribbon at the top fold.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your weekend!

S: Hero Arts-Thinking of You Messages
P: Ridinghood Red, Old Olive, Neenah Baronial Ivory, K & Co- Wild Saffron DP
I: Chocolate Chip
A: Making Memories fabric brads, red brads, EK Success flower punches, Sizzix Embosslet Leaf Die, small and medium oval punches, Spellbinders Petite Ovals and Petite Scalloped Ovals dies, ribbon, empressor stylus, hole punch

Labels: , , , , ,