Ronda's Wedding Blooms

Hello! Happy Monday!
I hope you had a lovely Easter. We had spectacular weather and a bounty of good food and family time with our two boys and my sister Brenda and brother in law Greg. I love Easter anyway but when you combine all of the fresh promise of Spring with all of the above...Bliss!
Now we'll settle in a bit for a few weeks of quiet, a little Spring yard cleanup and hopefully, lots of sunny days before Josh comes home from college for the Summer and our usual Summer activities take over.
Today I have a special card to share with you. This one was made for my dental hygenist Ronda and her new husband Jason for their wedding recently. Ronda is one of those people who you can't help but like, and I feel so fortunate to have her in my life even if it means that every time I see her she's going to be putting sharp objects in my mouth! Anyway, she was married a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to do something special for her. As luck would have it, I'd just received my new Jumbo Petals punch from SU!. So...several punches, a whole lot of glue, and some glimmer mist later Voila!
Here's the flower up close.
The flower is obviously the focal point of the card, but I added a few other details like an embossed panel of Ivory done with the Manhattan embossing folder, a few half pearls and some heated and distressed organdy ribbon. When I was finished I had a card that had "hand delivery" written all over it, but that was fine too because it gave me an opportunity to make a pretty coordinating box for it to travel in. I dropped it off at the dentist's office and received an exuberant thank you the next day with promises of it being framed. Yes, I'm still smiling about that. I love knowing something I've made is worthy of keeping. Warm fuzzies all around!

Have a fabulous Monday!
Here are the rest of the supply details:
S: (inside of card) Kind and Caring Thoughs
P: Neenah Baronial Ivory, Stardreams Opal, Barely Banana BOX: Anna Griffin Christmas Holiday Assortment
I: Chocolate Chip (inside for verse)
A: Glimmer Mist - Ivory Pearl, Aztec Gold, Petals Punch, Kaiser half pearls, Ivory organdy ribbon, heat tool, empressor stylus, mat pack, glue, Manhattan Flower embossing folder, Big Shot, white organdy ribbon 

Labels: , , , , ,