Chocolate Easter Bunny

Good morning!  Yay! It's Friday! It's been another busy week at work so I'm looking forward to a couple of days to unwind.
Today I have the Easter card that I am sending to my monthly group of 16. I saw a similar idea in a card making magazine and thought it was so cute. For mine, I modified my punches a bit and included a little Cricut letter action to help me with "easter". Remember I made 16 of these! Not a ton, but would you want to hand cut all those letters out? Or invest a fortune in stickers to get all the letters you'd need to do that many? Cricut rocks!
Anyway, here's how this is all put together:
I started with a half sheet of Pretty in Pink cardstock.I layered that with two coordinating patterns of dsp from the Petals & Paisleys assortment. I added the little strip of ric-rac before I adhered the panels down so that I could tuck the ends under. Next I set the Cricut up to cut out all my letters and then ran them through my Xyron sticker maker to get them ready for placement on the card. The "happy" sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Neenah Solar White with a little Melon Mambo flower from Occasions Collection and punched with the Modern Label punch. The bunny is punched from Chocolate Chip and Pretty In Pink using the following punches: 1 inch circle, 1 1/4 inch circle, 6 petal large daisy and the 6 petal small daisy (EK Success). The ears are created using the two daisy punches. I just trimmed each daisy into three separate pieces and layered them together behind the smaller circle. The bunny's face is hand drawn with a white gel pen and the nose is a pink gem. The little bunny tail is a white pompom that I snipped of a piece of white pompom ribbon. I know you can find tiny little pompoms but I opted to use what I had.
For the assembly, I started with the bunny and placed the pieces where I wanted them. Note, I adhered the ears to the back of the small circle first and then placed them on the card. The face and tail were done at the very end.
Once I had the bunnies in place, I placed all the Cricut letters and then went back and adhered the "happy" sentiment with foam dimensionals.

Thanks for looking today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

S: Seasonal Swirls (Stampendous), Occasions Collection
P: Pretty in Pink, Neenah Solar White, Petals & Paisleys DSP, Bazzill Light Turquoise
I: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo
A: 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch circle punches, small and large 6 petal daisy punches (EK Success), Crystal Stickers gems, white gel pen, Modern Label punch, May Arts pink ric-rack ribbon, American Crafts white pompom ribbon, foam dimensionls, Cricut Lyrical Letters -Jumbo, Xyron sticker maker

Labels: , , , ,