Lilac Sympathy

Good morning!
I took Josh back to school yesterday which ate up most of my day driving, but we managed to pack up a few things to bring home early which will help when we move him home for good in May. Hard to believe the school year is almost over already isn't it? Yikes!
Today's card is a sympathy card that I made for my uncle when my aunt died this past year. I wanted something special that suited her so I pulled out a favorite stamp set and punch and started there.
The card base is a 5 x 10 inch piece of Lilac Bazzill folded and layered on a 5 1/4 square of Elegant Eggplant. The punched border is done with Martha Stewart's Quilted Lattice punch and trimmed with a bit of plum ribbon. The flowers are stamped with Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive (I stamped off once to get the lighter shades). The sentiment is stamped with Elegant Eggplant as well then diecut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals and Petite Scalloped Ovals. I sponged the edges of the floral panel and then layered it on Old Olive before adhering it to the card. The sentiment is popped up on foam dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by!

S: Blossoms Abound, Hope for Comfort
P: Lilac Bazzill, Elegant Eggplant, Neenah Solar White
I: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
A: Martha Stewart Quilted Lattice punch, ribbon, Spellbinders Petite Ovals and Petite Scalloped Ovals punch, foam dimensionals

Labels: , , , , ,