It's Your Day

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had some fun with the boys - Josh is home for Spring break and Dan came over for dinner on Sunday and we managed to convince everyone to play Life after dinner. I lost miserably, but it was fun anyway. I love weekends like that!
Today I have a bright and cheery ladies birthday card to share with you.  I made this on a while ago when I was playing around with some different designer papers. In this case, Petals & Paisleys. I paired the paper up with some felt flowers I'd picked up in the dollar spot at Target and a favorite stamp set: Best Blossoms for the leaves. The card base is a 5 1/4 x 10 1/2 inch piece of Light Turquoise Bazzill. Over that I layered a 5 inch square of pink and white polka dot paper and a 2 1/2 inch x 5 inch piece of the stripe with all of the different designs on it. Next I cut a piece of Watermelon pink cardstock and layered that with another strip pattern. The leaf and flower panel is a smaller piece of Neenah Solar White stamped with Old Olive. The flower centers are brads, so once I had those in place, I adhered the panel to the stripe/watermelon piece and then adhered it to the card. The sentiment (Hampton Arts: Cardmaker's Everyday) is stamped with Melon Mambo on Neenah Solar White, punched with the medium oval punch and layered on a scalloped Watermelon oval. I set that aside long enough to punch one edge of a strip of the light turquoise Bazzill and adhere that to the reverse side of the polka dot print. I also tied a piece of hot pink 3/8 inch organdy ribbon around the length of this piece before I adhered it to the card the sentiment ovals are mounted last with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping  by! Enjoy your day!

S: Best Blossoms, Hampton Arts: Cardmaker's Everyday
P: Bazzill Light Turquoise, Neenah Solar White, Bazzill Watermelon Pink, Petals and Paisleys DSP
I: Melon Mambo, Old Olive
A: Felt flowers, brads, dimensionals, medium oval punch, scallop oval punch, Fiskars Threading Water edge punch


Labels: , , , ,