Flowers in the Spring

Hello!
I'm rounding out this week with what I hope you'll agree is a WOW card. I had so much fun making this one and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Yes, it's putzy, but really worth the effort I think.
The card base is a 5 1/4 x 10 1/2 inch piece of Bazzill Juneberry. Over that I layered a square of one of the smaller muted prints from SU!'s Springtime Vintage paper pack. Next came the band of DSP and punched lace borders (Martha Stewart Lace Edge Punch) followed by the square panel with the bow. For that, I layered a square of Pirouette Pink, a smaller square of Garden Green, and a slightly smaller square of one of the small floral prints. The bow was tied next and then the whole thing was adhered to the card. I added the pearls after I had the flower in place since I wasn't entirely sure where I was going to place that.

The flower is created using one of the new McGill flower petal punches. This one is the Star Flower punch and I picked it because you can do so many different kinds of flowers with it. For this, I punched 5 sets of petals from Textured Bazzill pale pink. (Very similar to Pirouette Pink). Each petal is stressed and molded with an empressor stylus, the edges are sponged and then glued in place. My flower base is actually a Snowflake punch but you can't see it at all. Anyway, once I had all of the petals arranged and glued in place, I let the whole thing dry for a little while then punched a hole in the center for the brad. The yellow and Pirouette Pink flower centers are two other flower punches that I clipped to split the petals a bit and the brad holds them in place. The leaves are done the same way just in Garden Green. I added the white dots on the petals with a white gel pen and finally, the little sentiment tag is stamped in Neenah Baronial Ivory, hand trimmed and layered on Garden Green.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday!

S: Fundamental Phrase
P: Bazzill Light pink, Juneberry, Garden Green, Pirouette Pink, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Springtime Vintage DSP
I: Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose
A: McGill Star Flower petal punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Kaiser half pearls, Martha Stewart Lace Edge punch, ribbon, white gel pan, sponges, brad, glue


Labels: , , ,